Monday, March 30, 2009

Clenching the fist spawning terror

My brother Casey reminded me this weekend of a group of guys I knew back in high school named Morbid Saint. These guys were something else. Pure Evil Metal. They only released one album on a Mexican record label but it was a force. My copy of the original Lock Up Your Children tape is long worn out and gone and the CD releases of the Spectrum of Death re-issue was pretty limited so I haven't got a copy. Catching a set of their music was like standing on the edge of a tornado, if you didn't get sucked into the vortex you were sure to get hit by debris. They may have looked like a group of ragged heshers but they made some pretty grown up noise. The highlight of their short musical outing was probably Milwaukee's Metal Fest III with it's amazing line up of Nuclear Assault, Death, Acrophet, Autopsy, Obituary and others.

No comments: