Sunday, September 17, 2006

The clues are there, you simply have to be patient in finding them.

A Lonely tree in a hidden courtyard behind some condos on the Max line in the Rose Quarter. Intriguing. I want to live in that building just so I can have clandestine parties under that tree.

There are three plaques on the front of this same condo building. All three represent the mountains around the Metro area.

Parking lot payment box. Simple and cool, I think.


Detail of relief sculpture adorning the front of a parking garage in the Rose Quarter.

I did not catch what this building was but I like the way the stairs go off in different directions at different levels. There is another set of stairs to the top of the left set that also goes off in another direction but the way the sun was shining and the white of the building made the pictures blown out. The birch tree in the ivy on the bank had a ton of detail to it and I will surely use it in the future for a heading to Things of the Spirit Blog.

Heavy copper grounding wire on a phone/power pole somewhere in the Rose Quarter. There were four 4" diameter pipes running up the pole and they were all connected by the single copper ground. Thought it looked interesting.

Inspired by Graham's shots of building reflections.

This is not in the Rose Quarter but since it is a detail shot I thought I might tack it on to this post. A fading warning on the back of a Wonder Bread truck through the barbed-wire fence. Check out how beefy those VW tires are.

You drive past the Hostess warehouse on Williams so fast. I never realized how vintage that sign looks.

No Nerds on this sign but the shadow knows...

I told you I had too much fun on Saturday. I took nearly 200 pictures and really am having a hard being discretionary. I want to share them all but will pick a few. At least I am done with the art(?) for now.

Just simple shots from around the Rose Quarter an area I have never really checked out and will return again. I had 45 minutes on the meter and got back before time ran out so you can imagine what I missed.

The last three were form John's Hood.

No comments: