Thursday, July 13, 2006

My God, let me achieve missing my beloved family without yearning that they miss me in return!

Jerome David Salinger, b. New York City, Jan. 1, 1919


I have been trying to figure out a way to share all of J.D. Salinger's underpublished stories with you. Well, what I am going to do is find a link to all of them and post it here until I find another way of doing so. I love Salinger and recommend reading these stories if you are a fan.

I am going to start with Hapworth 16, 1924, A story consisting of letters written from camp "Hapworth" by Seymour Glass when he was seven. This story was rumored to be released as a new novella in 1997 but was withdrawn by Salinger at the last minute. It originally appeared in The New Yorker XLI on June 19, 1965.

Enjoy.

thanks to freeweb.hu

No comments: